Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fear Mongerers Are Us


The Unity Caucus/UFT leadership has accused Ed Notes and ICE of fear mongering.

Can you think of anything that has occurred in recent years for NYC teachers to be fearful of?

Considering what has occurred in the NYC schools since 2002, fear mongering is the way to go. It alerts teachers to the potential damage that can be done by the union itself and indeed may serve to keep them honest and unable to as easily sneak stuff by as was done in the '05 contract. I still believe the '06 contract would have been much worse if not for the fear mongering.

If fear mongering makes teachers more vigilant of the actions of the UFT leadership, then let's monger away.

And if you happen to have any fish around......

Note: See comment by Woodlass in the Chicago Rules post below.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Putting all this caucus conspiracy aside, I'm left thinking that you really are so full of yourself Un-Norm-al. You probably like the smell of your own farts.

For the record, most think you're a pretty insignificant loud mouth. Than there are people like me who are amused by you comedic antics.

Anonymous said...

I DON'T CALL IT FEAR MONGERING. I CALL IT TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. I HAVE READ BOTH THE UFT PAPER AND ED NOTES. THE ONLY ONE THAT SPEAKS TO MY SITUATION IS ED NOTES. THE UFT TRIES TO PLAY BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE AND THEIR LIES AND INSINCERITY WOULD ONLY FOOL THE TOTALLY NAIIVE NEW COMERS OR THE OLD RETIREES WHO THINK WE STILL HAVE A REAL UNION. I STILL TEACH AND I LIVE WITH THE TORTUOUS CHANGES FOR THE WORSE THAT THE UFT THROUGH DOING NOTHING HAS BROUGHT ABOUT.

Anonymous said...

Ya Ednotes, who do ya think yer are? Ya better start using spin to make yer point. Tellin' the troot ain't happenin' fer ya. Nuthin' else to add.

Anonymous said...

First Anon. : Who's the "most" you're talking about who think Norm's an insignificant loudmouth? Most of the Unity leadership, or most of the Unity featherbedders?

Anonymous said...

"Most" meaning pretty much everyone in the whole union besides Un-Norm-al, Jeff "Andy" Kaufman, Salad the Barber, and the rest of ICE's t-shirt wearing, "X-Files" watching, "let's have our meeting at a pub" brigade.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous (the lesser)

Salad the Barber is my vegan cousin. I'm Sal. I'm flattered that you think I'm an ICE member, but I'm not. I'd argue with you further but it wouldn't be a fair fight, ......unless I had a lobotomy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Salad Barber, why is it OK for Un-Norm-al to label anyone who disagrees with his crazy ideas a Unity hack, but it's not fair for me to assume that you (a regular poster on this ICE blog) are an ICE-sickle???

BTW, here's a fun picture for you Salad Barber...
http://www.kitchencontraptions.com/archives/pictures/50030-thumb.jpg

lol!