Monday, August 5, 2013

PS 29 Parents Call Out Principal From Hell Jennifer Jones Rogers

.....she came with a smile on her face and poison in her veins... Ms. Jones was argumentative disrespectful, and rude to every parent that I have ever spoken with. ... Dennis, parent at PS 29.
The comments have continued to fly over at SBS blog -- over 150 so far, including Rogers' mother and husband who made what I consider a threat (more on that in follow-up posts.)

Here I will extract some comments from parents -- I didn't find one parent comment defending the principal. In my experience, this outpouring of parent outrage is somewhat unique, as was the support coming from the greatest politician in this city, Tony Avella.  (Video: State Senator Tony Avella Calls for Rogers Removal). There were a number of parents at the press conference and a bunch of teachers who I kept off camera due to the vicious retaliation Rogers engages in. You know that many Leadership Acad principals like Rogers go after and alienate teachers but often manage to manage parents. Not in this case apparently. Rogers didn't learn all her lessons at the Lead Acad.
I am the father of a former student of ps 29. Ms. Jones was argumentative disrespectful, and rude to every parent that I have ever spoken with. The teachers hated her not only because she is unqualified as a principal and leader but because she came with a smile on her face and poison in her veins. Any child that was marginal was deemed special needs by a principal who is more special needs than any child. PS 29 lost so many respectful qualified educators due to the shrew Ms Jones. Principal Jones needs to be removed so that our children can get the education they deserve in a proper environment. Let the teachers who have worked in her schools speak.What a shame that we have lost so many quality teachers. How is it possible that so many teachers are wrong and that this one principal is right. Get her out and give the children the opportunity to learn from time tested qualified teachers. In jennifers defense she is not the only problem the whole dept of ed is a disaster. She is just one of the tentacles.My daughter has since been removed and sent to be educated in a catholic school. Good Bye PS 29............
Dennis
Anonymous said...
WHEN IS THE SECOND RALLY TAKEN PLACE
IN SEPTEMBER ? I NEED TO TAKE A DAY OFF FROM
WORK TO JOIN THE TEACHERS. CAN THE
BRONX PEOPLE HELP WITH THE SUPPORT TOO ?

CONCERN PARENT. MY CHILD IS ENTERING
4TH GRADE AND WE NEED TO GET EVERYTHING
IN PLACE ASAP ! WE NEED A PRINCIPAL !

I JUST HEARD ALL ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY I WISH I WAS AROUND. THANK YOU SOUTH BRONX FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!!

She is a horrible Principal. She is condescending and rude. She took an innocent issue with my son and made it into a sexual issue. I was told from a family member that was a teachers assistant at PS 29 about all the sex talk that went on there between the teachers and Ms. Jones. She must have sex on the brain and assumes the kids do as well. He was questioned about his living situation at home and if he has ever seen or heard anything sexual from his parents. I was told to take him to a therapist from their parent teacher coordinator for a boyish prank. Seriously?? They were warned never to question him unless we (both mother and father) were present. After that we were called in for every little thing. He started to struggle after she started to bully him for every little thing. I am so happy he is out of that school. He did great until she came in. I really wish I knew all of this when he was attending the school I went to as a child. I would have pursued having her investigated. Get her out before more children suffer under her unprofessional ways.
And a former student chimes in:
Jonathan said...
Principal Jones,

You are the reason that I, Jonathan C was not able to graduate 5th grade with my friends from Kindergarten. Because of you I had to graduate with kids I barely knew. My yearbook is full of photo shopped pictures because of you! My only mistake was telling my mom what you did to me in school and you made my life MISERABLE at PS 29Q. So miserable that I begged my mom to take me out. Before the incident I loved going to school, seeing my friends, and teachers whom I grew up with. So what is it that you are proud of? The success of children leaving your school, making students cry?
You are so bad tempered and rude. You should really change your ways. What you did cannot be undone and unfortunately for me I could never have a chance at my 5th grade dance, trip, or graduation. When you are in elementary school all you look forward to is becoming that cool 5th grader and experience what graduates have told you about. You took that away from me! Don’t continue. You probably have the greatest memories of your elementary years why DENY us of ours?
FYI, my cumulative record shows a consistent rating of 3’s throughout my education endeavor at PS 29Q respecting school community, respecting rules and regulations. Not one suspension or detention.

Of course I wasn't perfect but neither ARE YOU! We all make mistakes and the important lesson is to learn from our mistakes.

Former student,

Jonathan C.

No comments: