Saturday, May 24, 2014

Final Performance Tonight of RTC "Moon...

I saw the Rockaway Theatre Company Production of "Moon Over Buffalo" last night for the 4th time - and I still laughed at every line -- and there were so many. My column with some cool photos finally appeared in The Wave yesterday, a week late, which doesn't do anything for the box office. Not that my columns ever do anything for the box office.

The RTC company is full of current and retired NYC teachers. In "Moon..." Jodi Tampone, Kim Simek, and Steve Ryan (Leon Goldstein HS and MORE member) are current or retired teachers. Last night a large crew of Goldstein students came out to see Steve and they made for a delightful audience - though at times I could see some of the lines from a 1994 play set in 1952 may have gone over their heads. Like you would have to know that the major joke of confusing the plays "Private Lives" and "Cyranno" would have major comic repercussions.

I'm going back for the final performance tonight with my wife and I will tape it one more time before hanging out for the cast party. Monday we strike the set and begin building the set for Gypsy, opening July 18, which begins rehearsals on Tuesday. There's an ugly rumor there may be a tiny part in it for me. Since I had problems learning my  4 lines in "How to Succeed.." tiny works for me.

Here are some photos from last night.




Private Lives meets Cyranno



Jodi and Steve



No comments: